Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Losing Left

How many millions of chips, how many hundreds of dollars have been lost to the person sitting to my immediate left? When I started poker I had no idea what position meant. I had no clue of the various advantages gained when acting last. I couldn’t begin to formulate plans for protecting chips from those on my left, simply because I did not realize I needed protection.

I am temporarily assigned to Attu Island right now. My plan for this trip is to look over my last 100 hands played on PokerStars. Specifically I will be looking at hands where I was out of position. Where I am looking to improve is the following areas:

1. Having a small hand and keeping the pot small.
2. Extracting chips with a monster hand.
3. Getting medium strength hands to showdown.
4. Staying away from bluffing at the wrong times.

Hopefully this will improve my game. I’ve been doing better over this period (last 100 hands) and I’d like to know what’s changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment