Friday, January 16, 2009

Week 2 Report

I had a tough week. I started off strong with two wins and a second place at the $2.25 18-person sit and go tourneys that I talked about last week. However, I fell into the same tail-spin I encountered last week, and in all $2 S&G’s for the week, I lost $3.15.

My only cash game attempts this week were at seven card stud 8ob and Omaha 8ob warming up for the PTT events. I lost $3.75, but I didn’t play too poorly.

MTTs were also a loss for me this week. $6.75 lost. The highlight was another cash in the PTT in Omaha 8ob. I also hit a record 6 straight final tables until Wednesday night when I couldn’t attend event #16. About halfway through the events I am in 4th place for Player of the Season standings.

I played a $5 S&G and placed 3rd, which kept the week from being a bigger loss than it was. For the week I only lost $3.18. Because I cashed out $375 last week, it seems like a lot more.

This week I will play more of the $5 version S&Gs. I am also limiting the amount I play per day, especially since I am back to work now. I am going to play one S&G, the PTT event, a Cartel event if needed, and an MTT if time permits. I won’t be playing any cash game, no matter how much I want to.

As you can see from the graphs from this week and last, there is not a lot of consistency in my game right now. We'll see if I can lock that down in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it cookie, just focus. The key to those games is to not get caught up in to many hands. 1 or 2 big pots should be enough to get you to the cash. Utilizing position is crucial when playing people who like to chase, and they like to chase in those games.

    ReplyDelete